When you are on the tee to unwind, the last you want is for your club to have a mediocre grip. This is particularly true for hitting your driver. Every serious golf player wants to get their hands on a club that has a grip tailor made for them. With these best golf grips for drivers, the ball will always be in line with where you want it to go.
If you are seeking the chance to hit the ball a few yards farther than you ever imagined, invest in one of these best golf grips for drivers right away. Let’s dig a little deeper and take a look at what each of these excellent gold grips has to offer.
Best Golf Grip for Drivers in 2023
We expect the ideal golf grip for drivers to be the right size for your hands, offer outstanding traction, and also be comfortable. These characteristics combined offer an exceptional experience to the player on the field and enhance their confidence under pressure. With these golf grips, you can beat negative thoughts from messing up your shots.
In this detailed guide, we have listed some of the best golf grips for drivers in the industry that make sure that your strike bombs off the tee.
JumboMax JMX Ultralite Golf Grips – Best Overall
A golf grip designed to fit into your hands, the JumboMax JMX Ultralite Golf Grips are the epitome of excellence. They have earned the title of the best golf grips for drivers because of the premise that they have been designed on. These golf grips enhance the ball striking and eliminate all of the tension from the hit. Now golf players on the tee can play a stress free game and put their best foot forward.
We suggest purchasing the JumboMax JMX Ultralite Golf Grips as it is a grip that will fit any individual. It is a major winner in the golf world and rightly so.
- Integrated with the Finger-Palm technology so the player does not feel the need to squeeze.
- The considerable taper profile is specially made to keep the face square for a longer time through impact
- The larger profile will help the player grip evenly and put more weight on the club head.
- Fitted with the Twist-Resistant StabilityCore that provides maximum performance in irregular playing conditions
Golf Pride CPx Standard Size Golf Grip – Most Affordable
It is an avid golf player’s ultimate dream to be able to play with a grip that is not only hit with drastic force but is extremely soft to play with. With the Gold Pride CPx the velvety soft yet tacky material characteristics, any player on the tee can hit a swift shot in one go. One of the best golf grips for drivers in the industry, the Golf Pride CPx is a technological innovation. The cheery on top is that the oversized version of the Golf Pride CPx Golf Grip is great for arthritis.
So, we have placed the Golf Pride CPx Standard Size Golf Grip on the list of the best golf grips for drivers as it provides the best of both worlds – maximum softness combined with maximum control but in a budgeted range.
- The raised EXO diamond-quilted pattern allows the water to wick any moisture away.
- Fitted with a 45-degree pattern inspired by the grips on BMX bikes
- The elevated design proves maximum contact areas with the club
- Golf Pride’s Control Core technology provides a great amount of pressure on the swing
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align Golf Grips – Non slippery
Who wouldn’t want to get their hands on a classic golf grip that makes playing on the tee a breeze? The all-rubber design of the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align Golf Grips makes them one of the best golf grips for drivers. The rubber blend mixture has been integrated with a computer-generated non-slippery surface which is bound to make every game the most enjoyable experience of your life.
Overall the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align is considered one of the best golf grips for drivers owing to its unique, futuristic rubber-blend compound. It is the ideal golf grip for comfort and confidence.
- Fitted with the ALIGN technology that contains the ridge notification of the best way to get your hands on the club
- Enhanced awareness of the clubface
- Made with a rubber compound grip that allows good traction
SuperStroke S-Tech Rubber Golf Club Grip – For Every Weather
Whether you are a beginner or a pro golfer, it is always worrisome to think about playing in rough weather. With the SuperStroke S-Tech Rubber Golf Club Grip, you can enter the tee with confidence. It is one of the best golf grips for drivers which world well in all weather conditions owing to its minimal taper and soft tacky sensation.
If you will invest in a SuperStroke S-Tech Rubber Golf Club Grip; it is available in a variety of swing grips, and the technology on this grip makes for an exceptional game.
- Manufactured with a blend of rubber compounds that deliver the ultimate feedback
- Made with a minimal taper that evens out the hand pressure on the grip
- Can manage inclement weather owing to the soft tacky feel of the grip
- Designed with a CROSS-TRACTION surface texture that movies an incredible non-slip performance.
Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips – Best for Comfort
A unique product in the market, the Pure Grips Standard DTX Grip provides the ultimate standard of grip to the player. Due to its rough, dual texture, playing a gold game with a Pure Grip is a breath of fresh air. Not only does it stimulate all your senses of the cord grip but it also saves you from having to feel any unwanted harshness on your hands.
Moreover, Pure Grips Standard DTX Grip on the list of the best gold grips for drivers as it created the perfect marriage of tack rubber compound and contrasting texture. They provide a rock-hard grip on the club allowing each player to hit his best shot.
- Manufactured in collaboration with Hank Haney.
- Made with a distinct combination of contrasting textures, that deliver incredible simulation of a cord feel,
- Fitted with the seamless molding and rubber technology
- The pairing of rough and tacky textures produces a safe connection with the club
Should the driver have the same grip as the iron?
Not at all. It is better to not use a variety of golf grips for your driver and irons. This will make sure you are able to perform consistently and also create a smooth transition between the stronger and mid-loft golf clubs.
What happens if your golf grip is too strong?
In the case where the grip is too strong, the clubface will become closed at impact. This is normally where you can see too many knuckles.
Is a thicker driver grip better?
As thicker drivers will have more rubber material in the grip, Midsize and Jumbo grips have the ability to offer added vibration dampening at impact which will decrease shock. This is in addition to the reduced tension in the hand and arms during the swing.
Searching for the perfect golf grip for drivers that will offer the ideal balance between support and play is a daunting task. Keeping in mind the features of all the gold grips discussed above, we have narrowed down your search to one winner. We are happy to announce our selection:
- JumboMax JMX Ultralite Golf Grips because of the weightlessness of the tool that promotes an even grip pressure.
The JumboMax JMX Ultralite Golf Grip creates faster clubhead speed effortlessly while improving the awareness and control that you have of the clubface.
If you have any further questions or doubts when finding the best golf grips for drives write them down in the comment box. We would love to help you out!